Clinics And Services
We now have specially trained practice nurses who will look after you.
The specialist nurse can look after you for the conditions listed below; this then leaves the doctors with more time for the conditions the nurses cannot look after.
The nurse will make an appointment with the doctor for you when necessary. You can make an appointment with the nurse by completing our Nurse appointment form.
- Asthma: For advice and support
- COPD: By GP referral for specialist lung function tests.
- Smoking Cessation: Advice and support to patients trying to give up smoking.
- Diabetes: Tuesdays & Wednesdays of each week. This clinic offers advice and general health check-ups to patients diagnosed with diabetes.
- Hypertension: (high blood pressure).
- Coronary Heart Disease: Angina and heart attack follow-ups.
- Obesity: Advice and support to patients trying to lose weight.
- Well Man/Woman: General overview of health status.
- Blood tests: For patients unable to attend the hospital or the phlebotomist clinic (held on Thursday morning).
When a doctor or nurse arranges for a test to be taken the patient will be informed how to obtain the result; (results for blood tests are normally available after 7 days and x-ray results after 14 days).
Transfer of Medical Records
The Practice will endeavour to dispatch any medical record required by the Health Authority within seven working days and same day if the request is urgent.
Urgent referrals to other health and social care agencies will be made within one working day of the patient consultation. Where requested, our GPs will refer you to a private health provider.
We will normally process non-urgent referrals within five working days of the patient consultation or the doctor’s decision to refer.