All new patients will receive a copy of our practice leaflet and copies will be displayed at the reception desk.
Our surgery building will be welcoming, easy for patients to find their way around and appropriate to the needs of users, including the disabled.
Patients’ rights to General Medical Services
Patients have the right to:
- register with a General Practitioner
- see the doctor of your choice
- be offered a health check on joining the practice
- receive emergency care at any time from the practice
- receive appropriate drugs and medicines
- be referred for specialist or second opinion if they and the GP agrees
- view their medical records, subject to the Data Protection Act and to know that those working for the NHS are under legal obligation to keep the contents confidential.
Changes to Procedures
When changes are introduced to practice procedures that affect patients, we will ensure that these are clearly explained.